Commitment to Safety
Canadian Horizontal Drilling Inc. has an unwavering commitment to responsible operations everywhere we do business. Embedded in our corporate culture and rigorously carried out through our Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management System, which encompasses integral steps that allow for us to protect our employees, fellow workers, families, the public and the environment.
The Safety Integrity Program underscores the unconditional commitment that CHD has made to workplace safety and has allowed us to achieve a Certificate of Recognition from the Government of Alberta, and to maintain membership in the Partnerships for Injury Reduction Program.
To effectively ensure our team is ready to complete any work task as safely as possible, all employees at CHD receive a rigorous orientation that includes:
- Specific Job Hazards & Hazard Identification
- Incident Reporting Procedures & Investigation
- Regulatory Requirements
- Emergency Response Plans and Procedures
- Company Enforcement Policies
- Worker's Right to Refuse Unsafe Work
- Participation in CHD's Mentorship Program
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- H2S Alive
- Global Ground Disturbance Level II
- Standard First Aid
- Leadership For Safety Excellence - Managers & Supervisors
- Special Oilwell Operators - Managers
As well as ensuring our employees are trained and competent in their tasks, CHD was also one of the first companies in Canada to adopt the SiteDocs program as their way to incorporate both office and field safety into one. This has allowed for 24 monitoring of the CHD safety program, allowing our team to complete and share safety data within minutes, from any location. Our clients have access to this program and can feel confident in CHD's due diligence and commitment to a safe work environment for everyone.